Thursday, September 14, 2006

pray for jack's pappy

Please say a prayer for my dad at 11:30 this morning. He is going in for a heart cathterization. You can read more of the details on mom's blog .

I can remember each one of my dad's three heart attacks like they were yesterday, and I am just so thankful that the doctor is working to prevent another one. As with any procedure there is some anxiety. We are not afraid, because we know that the victory is already the Lord's. My dad is one of the most unselfish, loving, convicted, funny, and tender-hearted people that I know. My sweet son shares his middle name. He even knows that, he calls himself Jack "Shwanklin" (Franklin), named after Pappy "Shwanklin"...we are grateful for the prayers we have been covered with already and I just ask that if you have a moment at 11:30 to stop and pray that the Lord has his hand on my dad during this procedure.

On another note...that means I need to go make sure that I am prepared for my sub this afternoon...Yikes!

10 comments:

Kate said...

Christine,

Your dad and family will be in my prayers today. I'm glad that the doctors are working to prevent a heart attack before it happens.

jettybetty said...

Probably no conincidence that I am reading this right at 11:30--praying for your sweet dad!

Jenna said...

We love you and your sweet family! Let us know how things go today...

Courtney said...

I am continuing to pray and hope that everything went well today if the surgery ended up happening. If not, I will pray again tomorrow! Remember that we are all praying as hard for you, your mom and the rest of your family as we are your dad! PLEASE let me know if there is anything we can do to bless you!

Lynn said...

Tine.....Matt......Jack......
I am so glad that your daddy / Pappy is doing better tonight. I just talked to Kathy and it sounds like he is TOUGH. I know your mom is exhausted but relieved it is over. She's been on my mind. He is so lucky to have his family with him as I always feel too. You have all been in my prayers. Love you all.

Shelly said...

Christine,
It looks like (from Lynn's comment) that your dad WAS able to have the procedure today. What a long, exhausting day for you all. I'm so thankful he is doing better and will continue to pray!
love you--

Unknown said...

Hope all went well, Christine. And wow, so many changes in your family's life. New job for you, new job for Matt, new friends for Jack... Congratulations and best wishes in all. Much love.

Summer said...

We're praying! We love your sweet family. Keep us updated. . .
Summer

Heather's House said...

We will keep your sweet Dad in our prayers, as well. We love you and hope that everything is going good. Email me sometime and let me know how everything is going...

Love ya

Unknown said...

If you are reading this, I am asking you to pray for Christine. She is in the hospital and has been in there for 9 days. She is suffering quite a lot.
You can read an update on my blog if you would like.