Friday, June 22, 2007

keep those prayers going...

thank you so much for the many prayers that have been sent up over this past week and months...and thank you for continuing to pray as we are on this new part of the journey with sweet baby sam...
he is still a little fighter...his nurses even say so! his weight today was
3 lb, 8 oz...just a little peanut, but a strong one...he is still in his isolette getting phototherapy for his jaundice, but this is very normal, and hopefully he will be out of there very soon where we can touch him and hold him...he can't have his clothes on in there so they have to keep him closed up so he won't get too cold...they did wrap him up in about 5 blankets and let me hold him for awhile today, so that was the best thing ever...of course, i could hardly feel his tiny little body under all that blanket...
his biggest issue right now is learning to eat and tolerating what they feed him through his NG tube...he is getting better and they are giving him the milk that i am pumping so i can feel like i am contributing somewhat to that...
his withdrawal symptoms are still there, but still minimal, so that is a huge praise...he's still having some irritability, vomiting and tremors, but overall is just doing amazingly well...which we know is because of all of your prayers and because of the power of our GOD.

i am walking around in a fog right now- after these many months of what we have been through, i have to keep reminding myself that i just gave birth four days ago...i am trying to journal down some of my thoughts as i go through this part of the journey and maybe someday i will be able to share them, because i know that when we look back on this season we will see nothing but blessings from the LORD's hand...it was very very hard to leave the hospital last night and tonight and not have my baby in my arms...but i am confident that the LORD is holding him when i cannot. and i am thankful to have my other two men at home to love on...i am very blessed...

we have taken lots of pictures and will post them as soon as we can...i'll try to update as much as i can without having the internet at our new house yet...we can't wait for the day that our little family of four is all at home and we can introduce sam to the many people that have been praying for him for so long before he was even born.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

I love reading your precious thoughts. I have missed you over the last day or two. Don't you love the picture Jack made for his little brother? He picked all the stickers and especially loved the Veggie Tale stickers where there was a "big brother Veggie Tale" and a "little brother Veggie Tale". Oh the memories he is giving to all of us! Can't wait to make many more with Sam.
Hugs...

Kate said...

I'm so glad that Sam is doing well. I love you and am so thankful for your friendship. I appreciate the sweet mother you are to your boys. I'll keep praying for ya'll...

Elizabeth Miller said...

You never cease to make me cry! I am so thrilled that you have good news and I can't imagine how hard it is being away from him. I would love to help give you a ride to the hospital or whatever I can do!!! Love you and praying for you!

Courtney said...

You are on my heart as you go back and forth with your heart constantly in that little bed with Baby Sam. Please remember that it is so important for you to rest and take care of yourself! You just gave birth!!! Your courage and love for your boys continues to inspire me. I can't wait to hug you and meet Sam! I'm always a phone call away for any of you.

Ashley said...

Praise God for Sam's health and we will continue our prayers for his strength and health! I saw a picture of him on Giggi's blog and he is ADORABLE!! I can' wait to meet him in person and see all 4 of you; ya'll are a precious, precious family! We are also praying for you and Matt during this waiting time to bring your sweet Sam home, bless you!

Lynn said...

Tine, I am so certain you are on a hormonal rollercoaster. You have been through so so much and now all of a sudden some of it is OVER for the most part. We are so grateful that you and Sam are doing so well. Prayers keep going up for Sam to come home and wrestle with his big brother and Daddy on the floor!

Giggi said...

Hope you had a sweet day with Sam today. I can't wait to see him again. I'm soooo thankful he is doing so well. Take good care of yourself, too! Love you!

Finally an Abrigg..... said...

I'm used to checking your mom's blog everyday and now I am excited to check yours!! As Kate said, I am so thankful for your family!! I cannot wait to see you and holding Baby Sam!

Mauri said...

Precious friend,
I'm so glad that Sam has arrived safely and that you are both doing well! I know I can not even imagine what the last few months have been like for you..... you have been in my thoughts and prayers and will continue to be. Love you!

Leslie said...

I am so glad to hear an update. Praise God for little Sam! You are such a strong mommy!

We will be praying.

Leslie

Anonymous said...

I just got on Flickr to see the pictures of you and Sam. I'm so glad you got to hold him (read your mom's blog). Know that we can't wait until you are able to come to Abilene and show him off. Lots of prayers coming from West Texas. Much love -- Adam