Monday, December 31, 2007

here's to 2008...

well, it is new year's eve and i am back in the hospital...hopefully just for a few days, but i don't really want to talk about that, i am too weary...please just pray for our continued strength and faith in these trials...i just wanted to share some pictures from our WONDERFUL christmas and tell everyone how very much i am looking forward to a NEW year! with a God whose mercies are new EVERY MORNING, i can't even imagine what blessing a new YEAR will bring!


hope everyone has had a wonderful holiday season...we were with my family here in fort worth and then were with our whole extended family at the farm...it was great...a lot of laughter, great food, and of course so much fun watching jack really be old enough to enjoy everything. we had fun playing "where's waldo" with him in his little striped pajamas! we took a bunch of pictures of him hiding, like the one in all the presents...i wish i could post all of them, but there were too many! i also never had posted my decorations, so those are here too...it was fun to have a banister to put our new cute stockings on!i love the pic at the end of them asleep...it was a busy holiday! don't they look just alike even when they sleep?! and yes...i KNOW that my three year old has a pacifier in his mouth...don't get me started...he was actually rid of it about a year ago before i got sick, and then when i started being in the hospital so much, he reverted...i think he just needed some extra comfort while mommy was away, which is pretty understandable...so, we are in the process of saying goodbye to the paci again! still potty training too...what a fun adventure it is to be three years old! he's growing so fast though, it is hard sometimes, but always exciting! i also still need to post samuel's 5 and 6 month pictures, but those will be in my next blog, i can't believe my baby is 6 months old!

so here's some pics of our christmas...i know it's alot, but trust me, it was hard to not put more!




















HAPPY NEW YEAR!

7 comments:

Brandynn said...

Beautiful pictures! Thanks! Maelan also had a pacifier when she was 3. Sometime after her third birthday we took her to Toys R Us where we'd told her they would "trade" a toy selection of her choice (within reason) for her pacifiers. (We'd prepped her beforehand of course. We'd ask if she was ready to do that and for a long while her answer was no. One day she said yes.) So she picked out some playdough and something else. When we went through the line I handed over the pacifiers to the teenage clerk and "asked" (my eyes were begging!) her to take them. I'm sure she thought I was crazy, but she obliged and put them behind the counter. Maelan took the bait and we left the store with no more suckers. She was only sad for a few days, I think.

Years later, though, when I was retelling the story for her, she was rather upset to know that we had "tricked" her - her words! - and had been sneaky. At least she didn't know it at the time. :o)

I think it's perfectly fine, though, for Jack to need his pacifier. People who scoff have NOT been in your shoes. He most likely will not have one when he's 17. ha. He'll say goodbye to it at the right time. And with maybe just a tiny bit of parental trickery - at the right time.

Missed you guys at Christmas. Continuing to pray for you to be WELL soon, and thanking the Lord for your faithfulness and example.

Courtney said...

I've been missing you guys and hoping you had a wonderful Christmas! Looks like you certainly did! I love the pictures. Praying that 2008 is a year of answers and healing!

Brooks Inc. said...

Christine-

I am sure prayerful that 2008 will be a banner year for you and your precious family...that the Lord will usher you into a new season that does not involve hospital stays...

We had the talk with Benjamin last night about not sucking his thumb...suggesting to him that he should stop altogether on his 4th birthday (JULY). He looked at Tony and I and said, "that is not going to work for me."

Jack and Sam are precious...both such beautiful testimonies to the Lord!

Love you-

BJB

Kate said...

Great Christmas pictures! Your boys are so sweet and growing so fast! I hope I get to see you this month, and I pray 2008 brings health and happiness to you and your family! Love you.

Anonymous said...

Great photos. I miss you guys and I think about you from time to time. We'll keep you in our prayers. Should be home soon, maybe next month. We'll have to let our boys get together and wrestle. Check out The Office, British version, sometime. It's gold.

Blake.

Leah said...

I love the stockings! The Mickey loot made me giggle. Jack is too cute. Wish I could come and see you guys for Girls Trip. Jack and Sam are growing too fast. xxxooo!

Amanda said...

Because you’re one of my blogging friends, I wanted to let you know about my new business. I would love for you to go visit my business blog, http://www.froggiebloggiedesigns.blogspot.com/. If you’re interested in having a blog makeover, I would love to help you out!! And even if you’re not, I would love for you to take a look!! More than anything, I need help spreading the word. If you know that one of your blogging friends is looking to make over their blog, please let them know about me!!

Thanks for being my blog friend!
Love,
Amanda (Better known to you from “Manda’s Moments.”) :o)