Friday, April 30, 2010

needing these words of truth tonight

i have a heavy heart tonight...i am so very thankful that we serve a God who is big enough for our doubts and fears; a God who wants to hear from His hurting children, who wants us to pour it all out...all of our brokenness, our ugliness, our anger...a God who wants to hold us as we weep; as we try to understand...and in the darkness, He can be praised...
_______________________________________________________________________

"These things I have spoken to you, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble, but take courage; I have overcome the world." ~John 16:33

"You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you." ~Isaiah 26:3

"For to set the mind on the flesh is death, but to set the mind on the Spirit is life and peace." ~Romans 8:6

"Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail.
They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, 'The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him.' The Lord is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him; it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord." ~Lamentations 3:22-26
_______________________________________________________________________

"I will have nothing to do with a God who cares only occasionally. I need a God who is with us always, everywhere, in the deepest depths as well as the highest heights. It is when things go wrong, when good things do not happen, when our prayers seem to have been lost, that God is most present. We do not need the sheltering wings when things go smoothly. We are closest to God in the darkness, stumbling along blindly." ~Madeleine L'Engle

"Don't tell God how big your storm is, tell the storm how big your God is." ~unknown

"For those with faith, no explanation is necessary. For those without, no explanation is possible." –Thomas Aquinas

"Faith which does not doubt is dead faith." ~Miguel de Unamuno

"I believe though I do not comprehend, and I hold by faith what I cannot grasp with the mind. " ~Saint Bernard

"Doubt isn't the opposite of faith, it is an element of faith." ~Paul Tillich

"Faith is to believe what we do not see, and the reward of this faith is to see what we believe." ~Augustine

"Sometimes God doesn't tell us His plan because we wouldn't believe it anyway." ~Carlton Pearson

"Be patient toward all that is unsolved in your heart. And try to love the questions themselves." ~ Rainer Maria Rilke

"We often think of great faith as something that happens spontaneously so that we can be used for a miracle or healing. However, the greatest faith of all, and the most effective, is to live day by day trusting Him. It is trusting Him so much that we look at every problem as an opportunity to see His work in our life." ~Rick Joyner

"Faith is deliberate confidence in the character of God whose ways you may not understand at the time." ~Oswald Chambers

"Oh, how great peace and quietness would he possess who should cut off all vain anxiety and place all his confidence in God." ~Thomas A. Kempis

"It's a good thing to have all the props pulled out from under us occasionally. It gives us some sense of what is rock under our feet, and what is sand." ~Madeleine L'Engle

"Doubt is a pain too lonely to know that faith is his twin brother." ~Kahlil Gibran

"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

"Faith makes things possible, not easy." ~unknown

"Feed your faith and your fears will starve to death." ~unknown

"There lives more faith in honest doubt, believe me, than in half the creeds."
~Tennyson
_______________________________________________________________________

"He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken." ~Psalm 62:6

"Cast all your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you." ~1 Peter 5:7

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." ~Matthew 11:28

"I will lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety." ~Psalm 4:8

No comments: