Sunday, July 04, 2010

getting back home

i have this recurring dream, and i have had it many times during this five week hospitalization. while details change here and there, ultimately, it is always the same. someone or something (not exactly sure who or what) has taken me away from matt and the boys, and the entire dream is about me trying desperately to get back to them. it is one of those dreams that is so vivid that it almost seems real; so exhausting and heartwrenching that i am more tired when i wake up than when i fell asleep. but the one good thing is that the dream always ends the same way...i am back with my family, where i belong.

it doesn't take a rocket scientist to recognize the symbolism that my subconscious is creating for me. and, unlike in the dream, i know good and well who it is that wants to tear my family apart with this illness. but that is not going to happen. because no matter how exhausting and heartwrenching this journey...i can rest easy knowing that i
will get back to where i belong.

3 comments:

Kate said...

Your faith and strength through your illness amazes me. I hope you can be home with your family soon.

jaymie said...

Oh Tine! I had no idea you were back in the hospital. I am not on facebook, so i am usually the last to know things. I love you so much. My heart goes out to you. I absolutely can NOT imagine. I am always praying for you. Love you!

Leah said...

Luv u Tine! So thankful the path always will lead us HOMe to our Father. Praying those demons away and for a sweet reunion with the family!