Saturday, September 15, 2012

mommy mumblings 2.0

Well...it's been quite a long time since I've done this. I've spent the last few days getting reacquainted with my blog and giving it a much needed facelift. And I think I'm ready to start writing again. I say "writing again", though I've never stopped writing...just blogging. Facebook is a great place to keep up with the day to day...or the quote of the day...it's a great place to keep pictures and reconnect with people. And my songwriting journals have been filled one after another in the last few years. But there is something about having this blog, and a sort of record of our lives, that I have truly missed. And, though I don't expect to have all that many readers, there is something about making your voice heard that I have also missed. I have alot of things swirling around in my head...and I think that this might be the place to give voice to those thoughts, those fears, those disappointments and hopes. It's vulnerable and empowering all at the same time.

I have alot of catching up to do with what's been going on in our lives...I am so thankful to say that none of it has anything to do with me being in a hospital. It's been almost two years since that has been the case and, though we still struggle, we are moving forward...moving on...we've literally moved to a new city and started fresh. We are reclaiming our life, bit by bit, moment by moment. I am reclaiming my role as a wife and a mother and a woman trying to live beyond myself...and now...I'm going to try and reclaim my voice.

5 comments:

Kate said...

I'm glad you're getting back into it. I want to also. I look forward to reading!

Leah said...

Welcome back! I'm still reading. I might even write a blog or two. :) haven't touched it since the move. But it's a great testamony of God's faithfulness and promises. Looking forward to 2.0!

Lynn said...

I'm really glad you guys are jumping back on the blogging wagon. I always loved hearing your stories and your voice.

Lauren said...

I can't wait to read your posts. I've found getting into the groove of writing on my blog again has helped me to process what God is doing in me. It's a wonderful outlet. I love your writing.

Allison said...

Glad you're back! I always loved reading your blog!