Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Thank you Casting Crowns for Today's Inspiration

"Who am I,
that the Lord of all the earth would care to know my name;
would care to feel my hurt?"

Who are we not to feel the hurts of others and to reach out when the God of all the universe has given us so undeservingly not only his love and salvation, but his broken heart for our sins, our sadness, and our loss.

Who are we to turn our back upon the widow and the orphan, the homeless man on the street, the person sitting next to us in the pew?

Who are we to fill our thoughts and storehouses up with things of this world, when a home more rich and beautiful than anything on this earth has been prepared for us?

Who are we to set our eyes and hearts upon the things that will surely burn, when God has promised us eternity with Him for only fixing our eyes on things eternal?

Who are we to withold from others the forgiveness that has so freely been given to us?

Who are we to deserve this love, this forgiveness, this hope, when all that we do is hate, hold grudges, and complain?

Answer: We are no one, we are nothing, we are hopeless...

But thanks to his mercy and grace, we are free...

It will never be possible to attain the promises that God has for us, but we can choose to live our lives in hope of that day and bathed in His righteousness. We can choose to set our eyes on the only one who can truly satisfy, and we can try to remember exactly who we are...

"I am a flower quickly fading,
Here today and gone tomorrow.
A wave tossed in the ocean;
A vapor in the wind.
Still you hear me when I'm calling;
Lord, you catch me when I'm falling.
And you've taught me who I am.
I AM YOURS."

2 comments:

Shelly said...

Oh my goodness, I could not stop reading all of your entries on your page! You have such a gift for expressing yourself in words. I sit here teary eyed after reading through your struggles and memories and your sweet prayer for Jack. Thank you for your transparency and for sharing your heart. What an ordeal you lived through. Our God never ceases to amaze me the way he makes beauty from ashes. I never in a million years would have guessed you struggled with so much for so long. Praise God that He has healed you and freed you from the eating disorders and given you a chance to encourage and give hope to others for the rest of your life. You have encouraged me greatly today. I'm so glad to have you in my life and I look forward to getting to spend more time with you over the upcoming days and years as we watch little Jack and Hayley grow up together. May God continue to bless your family abundantly and use you for His Kingdom!

jettybetty said...

I loved this song the first time I heard it and I still love it--your comments make it even more meaningful--you are a gifted writer.
JB