Thursday, August 23, 2007

the last word...

well, since Sunday, we have been back in the ER three times...including last night when we found out that i am now having internal bleeding from the blood thinners, but they do not know where it is coming from and i have to stay on the blood thinners for at least two months or until this clot is gone...so it will be a balancing act of breaking up the clot but making sure the bleeding doesn't get too bad, and maybe figuring out where it is coming from?! my liver numbers are also elevated again, so please just pray that doesn't also flare up again...internal bleeding is never a fun thing to hear...but at least we have been through it before and have very good and thorough doctors...


so...still tired and weary...sorry to be debbie downer, but i must say i did have a LOVELY baby shower on Sunday...and i have had lot of cuddle times with my boys while not in the ER over this past week thanks to my wonderful mother and mother-in-law...so i really can't complain, because those hugs from my boys are really what i have been longing for the most over these last many months...

it has now been almost a full year since i can remember feeling well...there are days when i feel much older than i really am; days when i feel like i have been completely broken and can break no more...but i know this is not true, and i know that the Lord can and will put me back together again...so while we continue to pray; search for new doctors, procedures, answers; while we cry out of frustration, sadness, fear, and sometimes anger; while we wait...the answer is ultimately still the same-to cling to Him, to the only one who really has the answers and who really sees what lies on the other side of this mountain that we are now in the trenches of-to the one who gets the last word and ALL of the glory...

matt, otherwise known as my rock,pointed me to this verse last night while i was lying on another stretcher...and it is absolutely the prayer that we are falling on our knees believing right now; i love how it is worded in The Message:

"So keep a firm grip on the faith. The suffering won't last forever. It won't be long before this generous God who has great plans for us in Christ-eternal and glorious plans they are!-will have you put together and on your feet for good. He gets the last word; yes, He does."
~1 Peter 5:9-11

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Christine~
You have amazing faith and the Lord will bless you through it! You are an encouragement to so many through your example. I am praying for you, Matt, and your precious boys!

Lynn said...

Tine - you are so brave and fearless. I just pray for relief for you so that you can get strong, well and look back on this time as a dim memory.

Anonymous said...

Christine,
Just wanted to let you know that a sister in Christ from MI stopped by to pray for you today. May God replenish your strength and fill you with His love. You are precious in His sight.
JoAnn

Chesley said...

I am so sorry that you have had to be back in the hospital again and again! You are always in my thoughts along with your sweet family. Like Amanda has said you are an encouragement to so many. You have been through so much and you still have amazing faith! I am sorry this year has been so hard on you. I will continue to pray for you and your sweet little family. I know that soon we will all be blessed hearing your beautiful voice singing with the praise team again. I seriously want to come to the hospital and bring my pon poms and do some cheers for you but I know that might be a little obnoxious but just know that I am praying and cheering for your complete recovery.

Courtney said...

I would take Ches up on the pom poms. I bet the hospital hasn't seen a get well cheer in a while.

I love that verse! He will have the last word either here or there!! This cannot beat you, you have complete victory over all things physical through Christ! I am praying for rest, peace, healing, and hope!