Saturday, August 18, 2007

tired...

some of you may know that i have spent the last week and a half back in and out of the hospital...again...we all got food poisoning last wednesday (8/9) and as bad as it was for Matt and Jack, they were over it in a day and me it sent into a tailspin and i ended up back in the hospital until this thursday (8/17). well, yesterday morning i woke up with a not fun but familiar feeling in my left arm where they had taken out my PICC line...yep, another blood clot...in the same arm that i had it in last fall also from a PICC line! anyway, so we spent all last night in the hospital again, and i talked my doctor into letting me come home today so that i could be at my baby shower tomorrow! i have looked forward to this for too long, i am not going to miss my own baby shower! my doctor was kind of reluctant, but agreed to let me give myself the shots of blood thinners at home since i have done it before...

i am trying to write this post lightheartedly...but really, i am weary...i am really ready to get home from the hospital and stay there, i am tired of having days where i can't nurse my baby after working so hard to get him nursing so well. and i miss my husband and my other baby boy who has had to spend too much of this last year without his mommy. i am so thankful for my sweet mommy who has been taking care of my house and my family this whole week, while also going to work herself...i don't know what i would do without her.

i will be on blood thinners for two months, and the doctor will monitor me carefully to make sure that i don't end up with internal bleeding like i did last time...so please pray that this will just clear up soon and that we will truly be through this season of our lives. i guess this is another one of those times for us to cling to the Lord, like i wrote about in my last post...we would never have made it this far without Him...

13 comments:

Lynn said...

Sweet Tine. I do pray that you will be as good as ever. And that was pretty good if I remember. You have had way way too much. I wish I was closer to help. Just please do what the dr says and don't try to be a superwoman. You are going to have go slow slow slow. Just rock and love your babies. You need lots and lots of rest, but I know that is easier said than done with 2 babies. God will give you the strength. And I pray he strengthens your mom and gives her lots of additional energy and good health. Love you all.

Anonymous said...

I wanted so much to post this info last night so that everyone could be praying, but I just didn't even know what to say. As much as I have loved taking care of "the boys", I know they long for mommy, and that is as it should be. I am just so thankful for a cautious doctor and a 2nd opinion while in the pediatrician's office that you should, indeed, go get the arm checked out. I can't even think about the possibilities of what might have happened if Matt had not taken you straight to the ER. I know you long for "normal", whatever that is, and I am praying that God will grant you and Matt and the boys a season of rest and peace and family and all the things that go with it. You all deserve a rest from illness and separation.
I think your shower tomorrow will be some great medicine and I know that your sweet friends are praying that you will be able to enjoy it. Several of them told me just that tonight at church...they would pray that you could enjoy the day!
I love you so much!

Allison said...

HEY! I hope you have the BEST shower ever. Boy, you deserve one. I am so so so sorry that I am going to have to miss it. Matt's parents are passing thru this afternoon.

I have a gift for Sam. Could you e-mail me your address so I can mail it to you. Thanks!!!

Have a great time. Let's, please, someday get our kids together to play. I'd love it and I know they would too!!!

LEANN & KRISTI said...

I have focused on feeling sorry for my self for the past 8 weeks. My parents have taken care of my boys, my home and at times my finances while I nurse this broken arm of mine (which is my dominant arm I might add). I read about your struggles and I realize I have only a glimpse of frusteration, my sweet girl. Your are such an inspiration to me. And .... I'll take that "other" favorite spot. Won't make the shower today. Lets play soon, though. I love you. Kiss your sweet boys for me.
Kristi

L. Mida said...

It was so good to see you today! You looked great and baby Sam in absolutely adorable. He is getting so big! I will keep y'all in my prayers.

Love...Leslie

Calista said...

You have been through more than most of us could ever imagine. I admire your strength and faith so very much. I wanted to cry for you and your family after hearing about your recent trip to the hospital. I was also concerned about the food that we had brought you on that Monday before you went to the hospital. I pray that it didn't make you sick. Please let me know if you need anything. God bless you and your family. You are all in our prayers.

Courtney said...

I'm so glad you were able to be there today! Believe me, I wasn't going to let you miss out. I was just going to video and bring everything to the hospital to you if we had to. :) You are so loved.

The title of your post is exactly what I imagine you are feeling. Tired of all of this. I am praying for relief and time at home in peace and health!!!

Finally an Abrigg..... said...

I'm sorry I didn't make it yesterday! We were in Abilene. BUT, I will make a date to be at your house sometime very soon during my 12-3 lunch hour. I will call you when things settle down on your end and you are healthy! I pray that is TODAY!! I love you!

Unknown said...

i'm so thankful that you were able to be at the shower. i hope you have been able to rest this week. i know you are so happy to be home with all of your boys!

Leslie said...

Christine,
I was so worried when I saw your name in the bulletin Sat night again for being in the hospital. You have had such a rough go of things and I pray that you will just be able to be at home and enjoy those boys! I know its got to be so frustrating for you. Hope you have a better week. I will say a little prayer for your health.

Leslie

Olivia said...

I can't imagine how it must feel to not have control over this situation. I always have seen you as someone kind and humble. You have been an example to me and everyone who reads your blog. We are praying for you.

jocelyn said...

It was so great to see you on Sunday and to meet sweet Sam! You looked great! (I know you won't believe me, but you do!) You remain in our prayers. Hope you can get lots of rest and that things will begin to slow down for all of your family! Love you.

Summer said...

I am praying for you, Christine. I pray that the Lord heals your body fully, and that he fills you up with His peace, joy and newfound energy! I hope you were able to enjoy your shower on Sunday, and I hope that the gift Kate and I sent made it in time!