Monday, December 20, 2004

hustle and bustle

Well...we braved the malls this weekend. Why do I always seem to get it in my head that there are like seven weeks in December? I once again waited to do all of my shopping, along with the rest of the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex, this weekend. But I really do think that there is something in my subconscious that enjoys the "hustle and bustle"...no...it's not subconscious...I love it! My husband, on the other hand, looks like he is about to have a nervous breakdown the whole time! There was one point when he gave a huge sigh of relief and said, "I never thought I would be so happy to walk into Ann Taylor!"

Jack and I both are going to be experiencing our first Christmas in Smithville. We switch off Thanksgiving and Christmas, so it is our year for Christmas with Matt's family. It is always hard to be away from my family on the holidays, but I am so blessed to have a wonderful family "in-law". Matt and I have had so much fun playing Santa...this of course has been more for our benefit than for Jack's, as I am positive he will have no idea what is going on.

I guess what I hope is that as the years go on, Jack does have an idea what is going on. I love Christmas. I love the family togetherness, the presents, the cold weather, the trees, the lights, the food...but now that I am a parent, I realize even more the importance of "the reason for the season". I hope and pray that my little boy will always know and cherish what it is we are celebrating during this time, and that he will grow to live a life that celebrates Christ every day of the year. Of course, this is just one more way that the Lord has convicted me to put my mind on the true importance of this season and on the abundance of blessing that I have been given.

I hope that everyone travels safely. And just for the record, it is my sincere belief that the song "Simply Having a Wonderful Christmas Time" is the most annoying holiday song ever written.

1 comment:

mohsen said...

THAT IS OK
MOHSEN