Saturday, December 04, 2004

i have the greatest friends...

What a wonderful husband I have who took me on a date last night! Mimi and Pappy(that's my parents) kept Baby Jack and Matt and I went and ate downtown at the Reata. Wow, if you haven't had a chocolate taco, you just haven't lived! (Or, you just aren't living in Texas!)

We got our Christmas tree up on Thursday night. Matt made a fire and Jack could not decide which was more beautiful so he spent about 30 minutes darting his eyes back and forth! Is it bad for babies to stare at lights for prolonged periods of time?! I just love getting the Christmas decorations out, and listening to my christmas music all day long if I want to, and as weird as people think I am, I love the cold weather. Isn't it just great to get all bundled up by the fire?

I have recently gotten a chance to reconnect with several people that I have been out of touch with for years. Isn't it wonderful how God gives us such a bond with other Christians that even years can pass and our love and concern for each other can be the same or even stronger?

I for one am so thankful that friendship can transcend miles and years. Matt and I were so blessed with the greatest friends that we could have ever hoped for at ACU. Right now we are all in transition periods of our lives, and are spread out all over the country.But thanks to God's faithfulness(and a little help from email)we are able to hold on to the treasure that is friendship. I do know that our lives are changing and moving in different directions, but I am still so thankful, because I know that without each and every one of those people I would not be who I am today. No one has better girlfriends than I do...they are the most fun and the best friends in the world. And the boys, well, they were great to let me hang out with them in college when all the other girls had dates!

But in seriousness, this blog is a chance to say how thankful I am for my friends...the people who accepted me for who I was, loved me as I grew into who I am, and challenge me to become more.

No comments: