Sunday, November 27, 2005

bloggiversary

Well, I have officially been a blogger for a year now...I wish I had some great thing to say on this day...my posting has been less frequent in the past few months...so, if you are still reading...thanks, and I'll try to get back on the ball...I know you are all anxiously awaiting that!

We had a great Thanksgiving in Smithville with Matt's family. Jack was all over the place and loved being with everyone and eating all that food! Nothing beats that cherry fluff! We also went and saw Walk the Line, and I was really impressed with Joaquin and Reese...they sang and played the instruments...I just have so much respect for those actors who really do the work.

Matt also gave me some really exciting news about Christmas...he has gotten a free hotel stay at any Marriott in the country, so we are going to NEW YORK!!! Instead of getting each other presents we are going to save our money and plan a trip for sometime in the next few months...I am very excited obviously as this will be my first trip to New York...seeing as my degree is in theatre and I teach theatre classes, it will probably be good for me to finally see a Broadway show! I am so excited and can't wait to start planning...what a sweet husband I have!

Well, not a whole lot else going on here...I'll leave you with some amazing and powerful words from The Ragamuffin Gospel by Brennan Manning that hang above our desk...
How I treat a brother or sister from day to day, how I react to the sin-scarred wino on the street, how I respond to interruptions from people I dislike, how I deal with normal people in their normal confusion on a normal day may be a better indication of my reverence for life than the antiabortion sticker on the bumper of my car.
We are not pro-life simply because we are warding off death. We are pro-life to the extent that we are men and women for others, all others; to the extent that no human flesh is a stranger to us; to the extent that we can touch the hand of another in love; to the extent that for us there are no "others."

9 comments:

jocelyn said...

I want to go to NYC! You guys will have so much fun! What a great Christmas present!

Congratulations on your bloggiversary! I totally agree with you about Walk the Line. It was awesome! Have you seen Rent yet? Even though I've listened to the soundtrack thousands of times and have seen the show, I still cried! That's a good story, if you ask me!

Shelly said...

Oh how much fun! I've been to NYC twice and seen a Broadway show one of those times (Aeida--sp??) It's such a fun place to go---you guys will love it. I LOVED the Ragamuffin Gospel. I love Brennan Manning and his boldness to tell it like it is. Happy Blogiversary! I always love reading your blogs!

Kate said...

Woohoo! You will love NYC! And you definitely deserve to go and see a Broadway show! Have a wonderful time! Maybe we can go again for girls trip 2015!

Emily said...

Happy bloggiversary! Cards in the mail:)
Oh yeah, and about NYC-I will watch Jack for you only if the two of us can come too! Promise we will stay out of ya'lls way. Jack and I could hang out at Toys R Us or something?!? ok? cool!

LYLAS!
-em

Emily said...

facebook quitter!

Brooks Inc. said...

Christine...I am so blessed by your life, your thoughts and your friendship...so thankful the Lord put us in a study together. Tonight as I was putting Payton to bed he asked what we were doing tomorrow...I told him I was not sure,he said, "Can we see Jack? He is such a great guy." made me smile...Have a blessed day!
Becky

Summer said...

Christine,
How exciting to go to New York! Chad and I tried to figure out a way to go, but came up short and decided the trip would have to wait. We'll just have to live vicariously through you and Matt and Kate and Brandon! Is that how you spell "vicariously?" I can't figure out how to spell check my comment. . .

jettybetty said...

We love NYC!!

The Marriott Marquis is right in the middle of Times Square! You can just walk to all of your shows!!

Anonymous said...

I love you i miss you. call me. this is sunday ibok. call me.