Wednesday, July 19, 2006

for my incredibly hot husband...


I, Christine, take you Matt to be my husband.
I pledge to you my love
in the presence of our family, our friends, and our God.
I promise to be yours and yours alone,
and to love you as Christ loves his church.
I promise to celebrate with you in times of joy,
and to comfort you in times of sorrow.
I promise to love you faithfully; to honor and cherish you-In sickness and in health; in good times and bad.
I promise to be your best friend; to pray with you and for you, and to hold your hand
as we help each other get to Heaven.
Where you go I will go, where you stay I will stay.
Your people will be my people, and your God my God.
This is my promise for as long as we both shall live.


Alot has happened in the past three years. On July 19, 2003 I thought I couldn't love you more, but I was very wrong. Each day, I fall in love with the man that you are and the man you are becoming. The road hasn't been easy, but the Lord has continued to provide for us and show us his grace at every turn. You have been such a wonderful leader, faithful to follow his call and to lead our family in his ways. We have seen sickness and health, we have seen good times and bad, and I have no doubt that we will face many more trials. But I am truly confident and at peace knowing that I am travelling on this journey with you beside me. We have lived in five different homes, we have graduated college, we have seen jobs come and go, you have stood beside my hospital bed holding my hand, and we have welcomed a precious soul into the world. I can't even describe the joy and pride that I feel when I watch you as a father. It is something that God truly designed you to be, and you are teaching Jack every day what it is to be God's man. Thank you for loving me, for putting up with me, for understanding me (or at least pretending to). Three years doesn't seem that long, and yet I feel like you have always been with me. From the days before we had met when you led your school in prayers for a girl you didn't even know, not knowing that she would someday be your wife, to the nights now that I listen to you pray over our son, our marriage and our family...I am more in love with you than I have ever been, more thankful for you with each breath, more excited to watch the future unfold in God's perfect timing for our little family. And just as the words of Ruth that we spoke in our vows, there is nowhere that I would rather be in any situation than beside you.

I remember the verse that we claimed on our wedding day, and I continue to pray it over each day of our lives together...
May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you a spirit of unity among yourselves as you follow Christ Jesus, so that with one heart and mouth you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ ~Romans 15:5,6

The words that I sang right before I walked down the aisle were true then, and are true each day of my life with you...
My Jesus, I love thee. I know thou art mine. For thee, all the follies of sin I resign. My gracious redeemer; my savior art thou. If ever I loved thee, My Jesus tis' now.

You are faithful, you are kind, you are honest, you are gentle, you are courageous, you are talented, you make me laugh (and everyone else), you are a wonderful father, you are handsome, you are strong, you are selfless, you are understanding, you are loving, you are Christlike...you are the love of my life.

Happy Anniversary, Matt.
I thank God for you, and I love you...ten thousand miles high.

8 comments:

mattr_pinson said...

Thank you baby. I love you like crazy. Can't wait to see you tonight.

Shelly said...

Got a little teary on that one. What a beautiful love note! Happy Anniversary!

jettybetty said...

I am running for a tissue--this is beautiful!
Happy anniversary to you both!

Courtney said...

What a precious testimony to the love God has given you for each other. Isn't it wonderful to watch the world proven wrong and see how even in difficult times, you can stay in love and be faithful to the one love of your life? It just gets better with time in my opinion. You guys are a beautiful couple that glorifies God in your relationship and I'm thankful to be one of those who gets to watch.

Leslie said...

That is truly beautiful!

Lynn said...

and Aunt Lynn says "Amen"......that was beautiful Tine but our family is just as lucky and proud to have you as part of our bunch. You were a blessing given to us all.
Love you both and happy anniversary.

Heather's House said...

Happy Anniversary to you both!! :)

Lots of love, Heather

Unknown said...

Matt is pretty hot, now that you mention it...
love you guys-
Tj and Holly