Tuesday, January 03, 2006

God is no fool

I am so glad that this wonderful book by Lois Cheney is back in print. I don't know if I could count how many times I checked it out of the ACU library or how many times it spoke directly to my soul, but I am hoping that soon I can have my very own copy (hint, hint...wish I had thought of this BEFORE Christmas!)

...I need a word,
A good, solid word.

That shows how I feel
When the day is over
And I've worked well
And I'm glad to be so tired.

I need a word for when
I've spent hours and hours
With those I love, and I'm
Talk-sore and smile-aching.

I need a word for when
I'm alone, and over the miles
Are parts of my heart, deep in others
Who are warm, and safe, and at peace.

I need a word for when
A job looms like a greyhound
And I can do it, and I want to do it
And I tingle to get at it.

I need a word for that
Warm, gentle flow that
Covers every corner of my being,
And says, "Lo, I am with you always."

I need a word
Real bad,
And I think it might be
"joy"

Or maybe it's
"God."
Then again, maybe,
They're the same
Word.

No comments: