Friday, April 25, 2008

Countdown is on...and gimme a verse!

Only two more days left until our big family walk at the "March for Babies" in honor of some of the closest babies to our heart, as well as a walk in support of furthering the research and care that is available for all babies every day. I would still love for you to visit my page, HERE...I am only $50 away from my individual fundraising goal...Thank you so much to those of you who have been so kind to donate! What a blessing. More than anything please pray for us as we walk those FIVE MILES on Sunday...I have no doubt it will be a sweet sweet time together...and I have no doubt we are all going to need a foot rub and pedicure on Monday! Matt is walking too, and even Jack and Sam are going along for the ride in the strollers, so it's a real family affair!

I have another post coming about my sweet sister...you can read more about her accident on mom's blog...but please keep praying for her as she recovers...she sure did give us a scare.

Thanks again for your support and prayers for the walk this weekend...our family has definitely been touched in many ways by the reality of premature birth and we are truly thankful for organizations like the March of Dimes. I have had a rough week this week, not only worrying about my sister, but also with my own health...I know it has been the devil trying to gain a foothold and keep me from doing this thing this weekend that means so much to me...but I am determined to participate as much as I possibly can...No matter what, it will be a special time for all of us to be together and to share the experience of "Team Brock and Brody"s first walk past the finish line!

Even if you can't donate, thank you for your prayers...and I would love it also if you might leave a verse in the comments that might be a good one to meditate upon while going through this experience. I know that we will all have moments where we need some extra strength, so I would love to hear those verses that you think of in moments where you may feel weak. Thanks again for supporting Team B and B!

4 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Sweet Kelly Vaughn left this verse on my post about Emily, and I think it so appropriate for your verse collection for the walk...
"My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion forever."
Psalm 73:25
I look forward to our day together and whether we are walking side by side or we are looking for you at the finish line...whatever your body allows on that day...we will be together.
Hugs!

EDS said...

"Hold unswervingly to the hope you profess, knowing that He who promised is faithful."

Leslie said...

Praying for you guys this morning.