Tuesday, April 29, 2008

march for babies

The walk went great. I actually made it the whole five miles which was a bigger accomplishment for me than I thought it would be-not so much physically; it actually felt great to get out and walk like that again. But I went through so many emotions during those five miles...it was a good time to not only have fun with family, but also to reflect on so many precious babies that I love, as well as just the events of the last couple of years that have left my heart kind of in a constant state of aching. I am still not out of that state, but it was nice to have some time to just be quiet and be real with myself. Maybe I should take some more long walks!


Jack and Sam did great on the walk too. We kept telling Jack that we were marching for babies...and he kept saying, "Well, then let's go find some babies!" He was a little upset when we ended up at the finish line and hadn't found any! But he recovered pretty quickly with a little play time with his cousins!

Thanks again SO MUCH to everyone who donated to the cause. That was just an overwhelming blessing...how could you not believe in an organization that wants to see every baby born healthy? My heart aches for that day, although not near as much as I ache for the Heaven where we will be reunited with those sweet ones who have already gone on.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Christine, we are so proud of you. I can't believe you walked the whole 5 miles - you have had such a hard time this past year. Maybe this will be a turning point for you. Lynn said everyone had a good time even if it was pretty tiring.
Love you guys and come to see us. Give Jack and Sam a big hug and kiss for us. Poppi and Nana

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I, too, was so proud of you last weekend. I know it was physically difficult, but you did it. As I listened to Rick's lesson, Valley Views, today, I realized why you were so moved by that lesson in particular. You have spent a lot of time in the valleys, but the great thing is this...that is not what defines you. What defines you is your continuing journey out of the valley. Keep your hope in Him...He is leading you.
Hugs!

Lynn said...

It was fun...who would have thought 5 miles walking would be so much fun. Could yall all come walk with me everyday? It went by so fast. I loved seeing everyone and especially loved the dedication that everyone had in their spirits to finish. It meant so much to me that you guys were there. Love you all.

Allison said...

I think it amazing how you all got together for that very special walk. What a great turnout for your team!!!

So glad you are feeling so good!!!

Allison said...

Oh, and I have to say that your boys are precious. I know you are so proud!

Leah said...

WOW! Great job. I thought of yall as it was raining Saturday morning. I looked online trying to find out what time it started so we could come cheer you on, but never could find the time. Then Jack could of found 2 babies at the end of the walk. Oh well...